News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Resizing Problem

Started by Aerotheos, July 31, 2009, 02:41:19 AM MT

Aerotheos

Beginning today only, whenever I move my mouse out of the flash window, the game tries to resize itself slightly, as if i just dragged the window to make it bigger.  I run an intel macbook and firefox.  While the window is trying to do this, the game does not respond to my commands.

Ross Przybylski

Because this issue just started happening, we suspect the problem is probably related to a recent browser update or settings change.  Hero Mages is designed to scale with the size of your window so that you can run the game full screen regardless of the size of your monitor, and it sounds like this update and/or settings change is somehow affecting the browser's available window size whenever it loses mouse focus (hence causing flash to rescale, which would explain the delay in game commands as the rescale causes flash to redraw all of the cached bitmaps).

It's difficult to say for certain what changed in the browser that is causing this issue.  If you can, I would check your recent system updates to see if any changes were made to the browser.  We also encourage other community members to notify us of similar occurences so we can try to identify the cause.

In the meantime, you can play Hero Mages through the following link:
https://www.heromages.com/game/HeroMagesNoScale.html
Manager of D20Studios, LLC