News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Monthly Tourneys

Started by IveGotACaseOfTheMage, October 09, 2012, 02:34:31 AM MT

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

I dont know if this has already been suggested or not, but I was a big fan of online poker before the feds swooped in and shut it down.  Any chance of implementing an Async monthly tournament that would be worth maybe an achievement medal next to the players name or maybe everyone could risk a few ranked points and the winner or top few winners taking the pool?  Maybe these tournaments could have their own point system entirely?  Just ideas.  I think it would be an incentive to get the multiplyer base more active.  Mutliplayer is the lifeblood of this game.

Rugman

Very intriguing my friend. Sounds like an awesome idea and worth discussing further :-)

MagicMissle

I see this as a good idea. But there is one small difference I would like to make on your idea. I think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places should get some sort of reward points which one could build to get free characters or map creations. I think that would bring more interest in it.

WorldChamp(ELITE)

Quite an interesting Idea! I love this! Although ranked points is a good idea..I am willing to put some cash up for the winner. Maybe give them a choice of extensions. :D I can do my part if it works out hopefully.

giantsock

I was just thinking the same thing. Only thing is the games would take forever. If maybe there was a way if speeding it up because if someone's going to.lose why wouldn't they just stop playing until tourney ended? Unless the victor won by some deemed term. 2v2 would be very cool.

q666

is already the option to drop play after three days, but maybe it should be shorter for tournaments like one day or 36 hours.