News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

I'm still here!

Started by Ross Przybylski, November 19, 2012, 02:33:30 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

Hey everyone!

Just a quick shout to let everyone know that I'm still around and supporting Hero Mages. I apologize I haven't been as active in the lobby or forums these past couple months. Here's what's been going on with me so you're not left wondering in the dark with what's happening:

1) I started a new job in September and moved across the country to a new state. I lived here about a month on my own before my wife and son were able to join me.

2) My son just turned 13 months and demands a great deal of attention. He's not quite a gamer yet, but I suspect any day now you'll see him in the lobbies ready for a challenge ;)

3) My wife is now 7 months pregnant. In case you're curious, we're having a little girl :)

While I haven't been as active as usual these past few months, I would like to point out that on top of settling into a new home, caring for our little boy, being a good husband to my wife, preparing for our daugther, and kickin' serious butt at my job, I:

1) Successfully launched a promotion on Amazon that resulted in over 40K downloads of the Hero Mages app (bringing tons of new players)

2) Fixed several key bugs with the async game mode

3) Fixed the game within 2 weeks after iOS 6 made Hero Mages unplayable

4) Responded to and resolved every failed item purchase error

5) Responded within 24 hours to game server outages

I'm aware there are still issues resulting in frozen games, incorrect ranking reports, and more. Rest-assured, these will be fixed as quickly as I am able. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and understanding. I'm grateful to see our community grow and for each and every player that has made Hero Mages a success. Seriously, you guys rock!

;D

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

melee

It's good to see you again, glad you are ok. You are very correct that being a good husband is more important than my ranking on a video game :)

Zelanius Forcys

Hey Ross,

A daughter and a son?
That equates to the Chinese character for 'good' (好).
The left is the character for 'girl' or 'daughter' while the right stands for 'son'.
Congrats!

Zela / Benjamin

Gorstak

hy ross,congratz on your son and a doughter,wish u all luck,and hope hero mages will continu to evolve and rock )

Wolves

Hello Ross,

good to hear from you! All the best for the new job and a great time now in the threesome and soon in the foursome!  :)

Keep up the good work

Ross Przybylski

Thanks everyone!

One of the big support items I'm looking into is how I can host the game database and server on the same machine, which would dramatically speed up load times, leaderboards, and probably resolve many of the async game issues reported so far.

This and some other helpful improves, like confirming to end turn, coming next.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC