News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Clarification on game mechanic

Started by IveGotACaseOfTheMage, February 02, 2013, 12:30:01 AM MT

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

I know when you use spells they go to the bottom of the deck, but if you dont use them and you just discard them are they shuffled back into the deck instead of sent to the bottom?

I tried to look in the game info section but it didnt say 100%

"Cards used to pay for the cost of abilities and spells are returned to the bottom of the deck. "

Would love some clarification on this mechanic as it might play into strategy for determining which ones to discard.

Ross Przybylski

Discarded cards are returned to the bottom of the deck. The deck is never shuffled, but constantly recycled. Summon cards stay in play and are only discarded when creature is removed from board.

Hope this helps!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Scribe

Ross,

I dug up this old topic and it made me wonder: 50 cards are not enough for 8 players, so there must be another deck coming into play at some point.
If my assumption is correct,  how does that work? When does the additional deck get added? Is it shuffled with the other one, or are they kept initially separate?

Thanks, and excellent game, by the way!
I'm already addicted, so I just hope you keep this (game and community) alive as long as possible!

Scribe

I found my answers in the beginners' section. In case anybody wondered where I stood...  ;)
https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=121.0
Roughly halfway the first page, FYI