News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Valor/Card Questions

Started by zlforster, March 07, 2013, 05:16:16 PM MT

zlforster

Hello all! Noob here :D Two Questions

Can someone explain specifically how to aquire valor? I read the rules but I don't follow how many points are earned for what.

Can someone give me a link to the decklist? There are 40 spells in the game and 50 in the deck. I'd like to know which spells are more likely to appear. (I'm a MTG player at heart and I like to know variance.)

q666

https://heromages.com/gameInfo/magicalSpells.html

Valor

Hero Mages is designed to reward active and aggressive game participation. As an incentive to emerge from your defensive starting position and engage players in combat, you earn Valor, which activates your Mage’s special abilities. The more you engage and are engaged by enemy players during the game, the greater you put yourself at risk, the more courageous the game considers you to be, and the more you are rewarded for your actions. Players earn:

1 Valor for each attack made against an enemy unit (Max of 3 per round)
    2 Valor for each enemy player beyond the first attacked during a round
    4 Valor for each enemy player beyond the first that attacks them during a round

The amount of Valor required to activate an ability will appear over its icon until the power is activated. Valor you have accumulated thus far is indicated by a counter to left of your spells and in each player’s summary tile. You no longer accumulate Valor if your Mage is defeated.

zlforster

I completely missed the spell numbers. :-/

Does enemy player refer specifically to mages only?

q666

Quote from: zlforster on March 07, 2013, 06:25:31 PM MT
I completely missed the spell numbers. :-/

Does enemy player refer specifically to mages only?

nope thats any unit or creature belonging to the party of an enemy player.

ili84

Hi zlfoster!

I played about 50 games ranked and maybe the same amount unranked. It is very hard to predict any chances for cards showing up, but that's part of the fun in my opinion.

A way to finding out would be to get the new board game they're going to release and see how they handle it. :-)

jmvh59

The decklist can be found here:

https://heromages.com/gameInfo/magicalSpells.html

All spells appear once except for two copies of the following:
Sunder Armor
Shield
Fireball
Ice Shards
Sleep
Teleport
Group Heal
Dispel Magic
Iron Golem
Skeleton Warriors

I have not played a ton, but I have come across multiple copies of other spells in multiplayer games.  In fact, a 50 card deck is not large enough to deal 7 or 8 players a full hand plus 3 face down mana cards for the active player, so I suspect they use double decks in larger games.  Ross would know for sure.

dustymc

So in a 2 player game, you share 1 deck? I thought EACH player uses 1 50 card deck , am I wrong?! Please help, this could change my whole gameplay strategy!

Ross Przybylski

1 deck is shared among all players. It's 50 cards for 2-4 players, 100 cards for 4-8 players (2 decks, also shared in this case)
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

dustymc

Thanks Ross, now I will hoard the good cards once my Mage dies!