News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Cheaters at work. Should be removed?

Started by WorldChamp(ELITE), May 16, 2013, 10:26:47 PM MT

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

How do i watch that game number?  Is it possible?

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

If I looked at the right game I'm not sure it can be classified as cheating.  This is the reason I dont play Rated FFA.  Common strategy is to gang up and take out the best player.  It did seem VERY cooperative.  At one point even mind controlling you up to the other opponents direction.  If two players gang up on you like that there's no way you have a chance so i dont play FFA.  It may not be cheating but at the very least it seems unsportsmanlike. 

jmvh59

Champ:

I watched the game.  Nothing overt jumped out at me that I would consider cheating.  Certain seemingly random factors worked against you.  First of all, you were the middle of three combatants, so you had enemies on both flanks.  Additionally, your turn came after the player with a psionist, so the "move character into the danger zone" would only work against you.  If you had the psionist (or cast reposition) and moved one enemy where it could be safely dispatched by the other, and that person ignored the other enemy to focus on you, I would say they were working together. 

The thing is, success in this game is a combination of several factors.  From the description on the about page:  "players must leverage skill, luck, and social politics to emerge victorious in this exciting battle of turn-based strategy."  So, working together to defeat an enemy is sort of expected.  You have the distinction of being the top rated player in the game.  That can be a double edged sword.  Just remember that you are not your rating or your record.

If whoever hosts the game purposely puts you in the "hot seat" where you are the easiest target for most other players, or continually places you as the last player to get a move in a multiplayer match, that would definitely be unfair and cheating, in my opinion.  That is a pattern of behavior, though, not provable by a single match record.

That's my opinion, thanks for listening.

Jason

diesbudt

Quote from: IveGotACaseOfTheMage on May 18, 2013, 04:30:36 AM MT
If I looked at the right game I'm not sure it can be classified as cheating.  This is the reason I dont play Rated FFA.  Common strategy is to gang up and take out the best player.  It did seem VERY cooperative.  At one point even mind controlling you up to the other opponents direction.  If two players gang up on you like that there's no way you have a chance so i dont play FFA.  It may not be cheating but at the very least it seems unsportsmanlike.  

This is true. If you ever watch reality shows. Alliances can be made to take out other players first in situations like these. This happens all the time, and has happened to me plenty of times. Enough so I plan for it and go full defensive and let someone else be the person running into the middle.

This is especially true, since last place gets points taken away to all other players above him, so it is beneficial AND expected for the lesser players to out gun better players.

I will watch the game also, and see if I see any actual cheating. Will respond with what I see.

That being said. I have won plenty of 1v2s and 2v3s (with my cousin as my partner)

WorldChamp(ELITE)

I notice their was no actual cheating..likes hacks, just seemed like one guy controled both accounts. Everything seemed to work out just right. I think ganging is not sportsmanlike at all. But what can you do...besides i was furious when i wrote this so don't take it literally as cheating. I'm just very sore looser. But was ridiculus game though :(.

jmvh59

I agree that one person with two accounts is extremely unfair and totally cheating, especially if that person uses it to win rated games.  I could almost let the "playtesting/strategy" argument slide in unranked games versus the computer or opponents who know you are controlling two accounts.  The thing is, Ross has already decreed one person, one account, so there's that.

q666

i agree with jmvh. I don't think there is enough evidence to even say it was more than an oportunistic alience. A couple points led logicaly to this kind of game dynamic.

1.) Becoming second after beating u would still mean a win in rank for both of them.
2.) It is relativly easy to attack the person next or below u without to much exposure.
3.) Diguise had no long range guards therefore attacking diagonaly would have to be the mage. That makes it even harder and riskier.

Ask yourself who would u have attacked if u had the ppl that disguise had?

Of course we don't know which cards he held, but by looking at the fact that he needed to attack ur mage with the wizzy pysicaly tells u he probably had no destruction. All he played was summons, seeker and the +1 attack on his barb. All of those are useless over distance, so u were the only realistic target.

For inferno u were the obvious target because of your position, also he had 2 fb and ice plus with psi a long ranger that can hide after attacking. By moving up ur mage he not only him u but baited disguise into comitting the wizzy that got him killed and won the match for inferno.

Playing FFA on that map there should have been a comp to occupy at leat one of them and making ganging up a less apealing choice.

digitalblacksmith

How do I send a replay?  for instance trying to figure out what happened in this game: 69348, I would like to send it to my buddies as an amazing defeat.  While I get that all dice rolls are possible...this series seems unlikely, all my characters were killed in 4 swings.  This is possible, and if it is random chance, then helluva game to the victor...but otherwise...the number of perfect rolls, even by myself is unnatural.

q666

Quote from: digitalblacksmith on August 12, 2013, 05:59:28 AM MT
How do I send a replay?  for instance trying to figure out what happened in this game: 69348, I would like to send it to my buddies as an amazing defeat.  While I get that all dice rolls are possible...this series seems unlikely, all my characters were killed in 4 swings.  This is possible, and if it is random chance, then helluva game to the victor...but otherwise...the number of perfect rolls, even by myself is unnatural.

I dont feel like the rolls were so perfect. yea those kills of pala and reaver were unfortunate but inspired dice can be like that even against 16 def.

digitalblacksmith

Ya,  I know,  not calling anyone a cheater, but I would like to share my dismemberment with friends.
It also makes me feel better to think that the game developers spent weeks developing some evil algorithm that de-randomizes the dice just to spite me.  This is made difficult by the fact that I studied advanced statistics in college :)

But the question remains,  if I have the game # what is the url or mechanism that can be used to view the game, or is that just for admins?

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

Digital,

Go to "Friends and Account" then click "load game" and enter the game ID

digitalblacksmith

Prack

Quote from: IveGotACaseOfTheMage on August 14, 2013, 02:05:44 AM MT
Digital,

Go to "Friends and Account" then click "load game" and enter the game ID

That's awesome had no idea you could watch games already finished!