News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Async team/FFA!

Started by dustymc, May 29, 2013, 02:13:26 PM MT

dustymc

Any chance you could add a second async option for larger/team maps? It would be fun to have more 4-6 player games but seems like timing is always the issue. If this is possible please exclude Circle of Slaughter ( or turn that map into a new 3 player map? )

Let me know how this makes you all feel!

Ross Przybylski

Async works for up to 8 player games, but it requires invitation of friends to do so. The thinking here was the inevitability that randomized async team games would result in poorly pitched battles (perhaps with new players) - that might quit/fail to take their turn. Not sure how to get around that- perhaps AI player substitute? But then, is it fair to have your turn taken by a robot (particularly in ranked matches)?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

dustymc

Sorry, I mean the "random game" option. It would be cool to have a "random team" game option in addition to the current random button. 1V1 random is fun, but I need a little more excitement sometimes, and why not fill a map up before the game starts right?

q666

Quote from: Ross Przybylski on August 03, 2013, 05:34:58 AM MT
Async works for up to 8 player games, but it requires invitation of friends to do so. The thinking here was the inevitability that randomized async team games would result in poorly pitched battles (perhaps with new players) - that might quit/fail to take their turn. Not sure how to get around that- perhaps AI player substitute? But then, is it fair to have your turn taken by a robot (particularly in ranked matches)?

I would think there is no need to get arround that. If u take the chance to play a random ffa or team u know that the possibility exsists, that somebodys gonna quit on u or that the teams are not evenly matched. If u dont wanna take that risk dont take it.

Also why not have the option for unranked async ffa or team?

Also in random games the maps are randomly chosen any chance to get that random option for live games aswell.

Depending on the host user created maps could be thrown in the mix aswell.

dustymc

Any way to base the teams on the players rank ( or number of games played if these matches would be unranked?) and have "captains" be the two highest ranked players? The second pick would switch, meaning the LOWER of the two captains gets the next highest ranked available player and so on.

I like the social aspect this could bring, even if it is an async style match.