News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Warrior's protect ability

Started by jmvh59, June 01, 2013, 03:17:07 PM MT

jmvh59

I like the idea of the warrior as a bodyguard who can protect people by upping their defense.  One of the issues I have with this ability, is you can use it on a unit, and then it's off to the races!  The "guarded body" runs off to fight or whatever, and the "bodyguard" ducks behind cover because his defense just dropped four points. 

I would have no issues with this if the warrior were some kind of shaman who used part of his life force to protect another unit, but this is a trained hand to hand fighter.  I propose the defense boost only lasts until the start of the warrior player's next turn, OR the warrior moves OR the protected unit moves. 

To make up for nerfing the ability, I think the warrior's armor penalty while protect is active should be reduced or eliminated. 

What does everybody think?

Thanks for listening,

Jason

dustymc

I would like it to be 3 instead of 4, and it would be cool ( but maybe op?) if the paladins bless ability removed the negative defense. It's wouldn't really work at -/+4 defense, currently puts paladin at 20 def. almost unhittable healer.

what if it was a permanent defense change. Once per turn pick -1 to warrior and permanent +1 to teammates defense. Dispell warrior would reset stats to normal?