News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

New Guardian Idea: "Game Changer"

Started by q666, June 15, 2013, 08:31:58 AM MT

q666

Hi,

I've had an Idea for Guard that would be a Game Changer and who fits the name aswell:

Life 6 hp
Def: 14
Att: 3

Abilities:

Absorbtion passive when an attack of oposing guard is blocked Game Changer transforms into that guard for 1 turn. He gets all abilities the original has.

Transformation: Costs 2 Cards, a dice is thrown, if it lands on 12 or above Transformation works. Game Changer can transform into any Guard on the board and stay like that until he gets hit.

By adding a lot of uncerties into the character both player and opponent are forced to adapt quickly to new situation, because Game Changer changed the Games dynamic by absorbtion or transformation. :-)

etorn2

Name it changeling but starts with

Health:3

Defense:10

Attack: 1

And abilities

Passive: mimic

If hero takes damage from a opponent changeling. Gains attack and defense equal to damage the hero took. Lasts till next turn (can only occur once every 5 turns)

Ability: transform.

Costs 2 cards

Changeling transforms into. Target gaurdian and gains current stats of the target for two turns (can only occur on same target once)

Ability 2

Decoy

Costs 1 card

The changeling and hero creates confusion by swapping locations and the changeling gains +3 attack and +3 defense till next turn. This ability can only be used once per battle)

Thus this allows a more tactical gaurdian with a safety net for more reckless players especially a Magellan warrior or saving the hero from dire situations making a match more of a kind game realize how I made a limit to the abilities and passive we can't have anything too powerful

q666

Not a big fan of the Changeling.Firstly the.changeling is way more complicated and secondly,the changes made take away the dynamic  Game changer would bring to the game. The whole point of the unit is, that it can be partly manipulated by both player and enemy and at the same time introduces an element of uncertainty.

For example if ur opponent has a game changer transformed into warrior and u have psi and barb in reach u should hit with psi first. If psi succeed game changer is back in his orginal state if he misses it transforms to psi and is a way easier traget then the warrior at the begining, still if luck fails u and the barb misses u have created a barb very close to ur own units. I would imagine augmentation spells to remain intact even after transform or absorbtion.
Absorbtion is very much a double edged sword but the continuity of spells lets u protect at least a bit.
One could make both absorbtion and transform vulnerable to dispel, but i dont think thats neccesary absorbtion opens up enough possibilities for the enemy so that game changer wouldn be overpowered.

dustymc

I like the idea, but it is complicated. I would settle for an Changling ability that lets you gain an ability from any unit in your line of sight, maybe 1 discard for gaurds and 2 for mages. Then the discard cost of the ability, you gotta earn it!

q666

Quote from: dustymc on June 23, 2013, 10:05:34 PM MT
I like the idea, but it is complicated. I would settle for an Changling ability that lets you gain an ability from any unit in your line of sight, maybe 1 discard for gaurds and 2 for mages. Then the discard cost of the ability, you gotta earn it!

Thats a nice unit, but it doesn't have the fun factor of the uncontrolable nature of absorbtion. Absorbtion alone would make it a fun unit, but then u'd completely loose control over ur own units status, therefore it needs transformation to give u back at least a little of it.

jmvh59

It seems like a really difficult toon to implement and balance.  I think I would set the character up like this:

Att 2*
Def 14*
Life 6

Passive:  Mimic - whenever this guardian damages another unit, this guardian's defense value changes to that of the damaged unit; whenever another unit or attack damages this guardian, this guardian's attack value changes to the number of dice used in the attack (ignore death spell and samurai eviserate since they do not actually roll dice)

Activated, 2 cards: Copy - this guardian gains the active and passive abilities of an adjacent guardian or summon until this ability is used again.

That being said, I still think a character like this is probably not good for the game.

q666

I like this version somewhat, but i still like my version better. For once i like it better that a block triggers absorbtion then a hit activating mimic, also constantly changing offense is pretty confusing compared to just changing between known units. In total it's stronger then the original coz copy cant be broken.

That would lead to very strange units and so many combined creatures for example:

An dragon fury fm attacks with 9 dice an copied psi u get a 9 dice psi.