News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Summoner's 15 Valor Ability

Started by Baker, August 11, 2009, 09:52:36 PM MT

diesbudt

Yea like Baker said. 

FM 15 valor means he could always have 18 def (more if he has previous enchantments on him)

Wizard = More mana, faster cards = more viability to shutdown non heromages

Sorc - LoS metero shower (this is the only one that wouldnt be a too big problem with guardians, but combine it with a free lightning...)

So for 15 valor the Summoner isnt that bad, when your hero is alive +3 hp isnt a big difference (since you usually gotta get rid of 2 cards for the heal). 

I digress... in any circumstance, anytime a hero is left against guardians, the hero has the advantage.

Gorstak

for ross:why didnt u improvd summoners abilitys in more better way,u only makd it more easly to kill.

diesbudt

her ability changes doesn't make her more killable...  she still can heal 3 damage every turn for only 1 card and no mana.  which is amazing.   She is the second hardest hero to kill if played right in the 'endgame'

Ross Przybylski

Gorstak-

Though the Summoner did receive -1 to her Defense like most of the other characters, her abilities have been improved in a subtle, yet drastic way.  First, she can now summon up to 5 skeleton warriors simultaneously where as before she could only have 1. You can position her in the corner, safely, and pump out troops to send into battle.

Second, her Sacrifice ability has switched to become her 10 Valor ability and Summoning Mastery is now 15.  This means she can quickly recover 3 life by summoing a skeleton and then sacrificing it for only 2 cards (the equivalanet of having unlimited Healing Touch spells) PLUS her skeleton can attack before it is sacrificed (making it the best healing ability in the game).
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Gorstak

ok,u are right,hope more ppl will play it now.

kefkam

i think the summoner is still unbalanced.

its too unbalanced, that some players (me included) dont like to play random heroes because of the summner. And in like 90 matches, i have seen it only when random heroes (i think)  but  its only my opinion.

maybe some game statictics would say if the players choose the summoner more than other heroes or not.

diesbudt

Kefkam, you never explained which way you think she is unbalanced?

Because it was my opinion that she is weak, yet just ask vinman where in a 2v2 and all i had left was a summoner, and was against 5 units she almost came back to win killing 3 units (1 hero + 2 guardians) and severly damaging the others.

She just requires people to play her right, like every other unit in the game.

Alderon

Quote from: diesbudt on August 08, 2010, 10:56:30 AM MT
She just requires people to play her right, like every other unit in the game.

I keep telling people this about every unit. Thanks dies  ::)

kefkam

I think she is the least played hero when ranked chosen heroes. In all my games, I can only remember 2 fight vs her and she lost.

if she had 2 more def i would play with her.

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: kefkam on August 17, 2010, 07:01:47 PM MT
I think she is the least played hero when ranked chosen heroes. In all my games, I can only remember 2 fight vs her and she lost.

if she had 2 more def i would play with her.

Undoubtedly, the reason she is played less than say Fighter Mage/Sorceress is because she's a premium hero.  The Summoner is exceptionally powerful which is why we had to reduce her Defense from 13 to 12 in the last balance update.  The ability to summon an endless horde of creatures allows her to relentlessly advance on the enemy from the safety of a secluded area.  When you don't have summon cards, you can produce up to 5 minions for only 1 card a piece.  And, her 15 Valor ability is the equivalant of always having a Healing Touch whenever you need, making her one of the most difficult heroes to kill if used properly.

Raising her Defense by 2 would put her on par with Fighter Mage which would drastically imbalance her (especially when coupled with her unlimited healing ability).  As an alternative consideration, what if she could use her summon skeleton ability more than once each turn?  I think this would add a lot more fun to her gameplay, but this also raises balance concerns as well as inconsistencies in the "1 action per turn rule".

We are planning to add new "unlockable" powers to each of the characters that will allow players to swap out various abilities to customize their Heroes.  Maybe one of these powers could be "Catalyst: Summoner may use Skeleton Warrior more than once per turn." and you could swap this out with Sacrifice or Summoning Mastery.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC