News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

IRON MAGE MODE

Started by rokendo, August 13, 2009, 11:36:23 PM MT

rokendo

Hi,

Would it be possible to implement a game mode with all healing/revive spells were disabled?

This would create a game where defensive behavior and running is less encouraged because healing is not an option.

Thanks

Ross Przybylski

Hi Rokendo-

Thanks for the idea and this is certainly something that could be added.  But I wonder- would removing all healing spells really discourage defensive behavior- or would it result in uber-defensive behavior (turtling in the starting locations for instance) since players would be afraid to expose their characters knowing they could not heal them?

Also- what about players that like the Paladin?  Would she be disabled for this game type?

As an alterative idea- what if we had an "Assasination" game mode?  In this gametype, players would be automatically eliminated when their mage is defeated.  This might help speed up some of the longer end games that healing spells sometimes result in.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

I personally would see this as a hit and run strat. I would have my mage peak his head out, fire long range spells (run 2 rogues) and fire, than with my hero use the Do not attack but sprint option to rehide (and use the rogues as dummies to have my opponets get closer and/or for other rogues to attack.

Basically I could see this becoming just a huge "luck through d20" chess game.

Warmage

I think it would limit the game too much, specially since you only have 3 units. I enjoy being able to have a few heals now and then, but I understand how that might not be your preference.

rokendo

I like the assassination idea.  Basically protect the king or the game is over. 

In the mode, I propose..the paladin would still have healing. It would be one of the lone sources of healing.

Slightquills

What about simply expanding this idea into environmental hazards (as opposed to the generic block). For example, a river of lava, which can cause damage if you get near it or teleportation gates randomly scattered on the map (with the links being random too) . . . or even traps of some type.