News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Who still comes in the forums?

Started by digitalblacksmith, February 18, 2014, 03:51:19 AM MT

digitalblacksmith

Do people still lurk in these forums?  I know we have had some pretty epic battles in the game but no one has been posting on them.  How am I supposed to blame my losses on bad dice if people don't gloat?

q666

i still visit from time to.time but since there are very few live games the communication is hard to do.

digitalblacksmith

Ahhh yes q666, the mage who owned me once and hasn't been back :)  j/k
I would like to see more postmortem chats after games.  We have had some great games and while I see some of the guys in life constantly the rest of the regulars in game would be fun to rehash games with...eg why take that risk or why did you run your barbarian over there. 
Feature request, the ability to leave in game messages to teamates or everyone.

giantsock

I stop by time to time. At least weekly

Gorstak

I played this game and loved it for full two years its been real blast,but reason why i stoped playin is cas  of async games,there is no more real time games,no more fun,no more chatin with players,now in async all u do is enter and u do your turn and exit,where is fun in that where is talking with players?I know async feature was only way to keep this game alive and i trayed to adjust but i lost 200 points and droped from ranking cas i just couldnt get into async games,it yust doesnt feel fun after u played two years of real time games,so am really sad i cant play this game no more.

digitalblacksmith

I think I have played 1 realtime game with a random opponent, other than that my only RT games have been with people in the room with me.  I guess I missed out on that era. I do wish the game had the ability to leave a message at the end of your turn so you can taunt, complain about an inconvenient die roll, or congratulate someone on their victory.
Sometimes I am playing a game and pull off something great or I want to share the moment and really have no way other than shouting hurray and trying to explain my victory to my wife...she pretends to care for my benefit :)

IveGotACaseOfTheMage

I log in every couple of months or so but no longer play due to the async sprint bug that never got fixed.  I usually look at the patch log to see if it got fixed but the last update was from December 2012 unless I dont understand something correctly.  If it ever got fixed I would start playing again but until then I just can't.  It's way too exploitable if you're playing ranked async. 

Cragralanche

Ya no one really ever plays real time games anymore which is why I happen to miss the old days when you could get 6 people in a real time game instead of getting lucky to have one

Cragralanche

Lol mage just face me I don't even know how to work it or what it is so I don't use it.

Scribe

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new to the game (started in January) and I love it. I only played asynch to date because it suited my limited time and also because the chat room is empty most of the time.
I would really like to get more active players, I agree it would be more fun. I'm taking back from this post that I should post after noticeable battles (promised, I will). Aren't there other actions we can perform as a community to boost interest in the game? Has everyone ranked it in app stores, for instance? Other ideas?

Cragralanche

Hello Scribe we've only had one game so far I believe where I admit you crushed me. About the whole rating thing would be great idea. Another idea is to recommend to any gamer friends out there to try out the game and to make the forum more active In general. If you want to face active players if you get on in US mornings Q666 is on a lot then as well as me. Mid day don't expect to find many people I occasionally get on then but not much. At night I Check in every night and so do several other people ive met. Overall if your fine with seeing the same people over and over again but consistently then I recommend the mornings. Cya around hopefully until then have a good day.

Cragralanche

Scribe

Hi Cragalanche,
Good to know for mornings, but i'm located in France so your mornings typically end by the time I come back from work. Anyway I'll try to join when I can.

Cragralanche

Lol not my mornings I live in Canada I just use US time because I find more people know it. But kk good to know. Ill try to get on more but you never know I have to work to lol. Cya around.

Cragralanche

digitalblacksmith

I am pretty sure this game could get wildly poplular if some energy would be put into it.  I would be happy to help out in anyway I could on the sysadmin side (been doing sysadmin work for close on 15 years now) But I imagine Ross just has gotten too busy with life to keep up on more than maintenance with this game.  With the increased interest lately in games like Hearthstone there is no reason that with a little push we couldnt make this popular.
Heck I have been wanting at least a minotaur or something new to play with and i have been on this game for over 3 years.

dustymc