News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by digitalblacksmith, June 18, 2014, 01:03:56 PM MT

digitalblacksmith

Ok we have some interesting names and I try to guess what they are or where they came from.  Here is mine.

DigitalBlacksmith (avatar is traditionally megaman running 8 bit):
Has been my handle for probably a decade or so, before that I was RRah1, I switched to DigitalBlacksmith back when I was in slashdot forums and someone in a discussion mentioned how they are kind of a digital blacksmith with their job.  The term really resonated with me as I am a system's administrator and am known for coming up with really creative solutions to very complex problems.  My handle is fairly well known in communities like spiceworks and if you are a techy person you probably have seen items written by me.

Cragralanche

Don't know how I missed this topic when it was posted but here is the inside imformation behind my name.

My current name has some have guessed comes from Kid Icarus as the boss in one of the lvls. Though if that game hadn't come out around when I got this game my username would have been Chaoss. I know it is misspelled but this username originated around 3-4 years ago when I downloaded a game called Chaos. During that time I was playing a lot of Starfox and had used the username Chaosstar before Chaoss because Chaosstar was a bit long I took the the letters and saw that it would be great to be named after the game but with an additional S. This turned out to be a mistake since I was repeatedly asked if I was the developer of the game.  8)

WorldChamp(ELITE)

The story of my Username is pretty self explanatory.. But I will share..

I didn't start gaming till about 12, at that point I really got into it, but having a very short temper as well. I played small games like checkers mostly. When I would loose I had a reputation of ripping the board In half or kicking the table. or hitting my opponent (usually my brother or sister) Anyways I made smart comments when I would win like "The champ!" "The champ of the world boys"  ::)

Being so prideful my username originated into WorldChamp, As I'm 17 now, I have grown up a lot. I no longer kick or bite the table..  8) Now I complain to my girlfriend when I loose.. so please fella's, don't beat me.. have sympathy for my girl  ;)

Cragralanche

Did you tell her how you lost the bet against me?

WorldChamp(ELITE)

Cragralanche

Scribe

Mine dates from high school. I was very much into tabletop role playing games at the time, and wanted more material (scenarios, aids, etc.) for mastering than my pocket money allowed. So just about every material I could borrow, I hand copied it (yes!), mostly during math class... Of course I became the laughing stock of my fellow classmates, who gave me this nickname. You would note that being also my playmates they were benefiting from my efforts, but I don't blame them: who wouldn't have seized such an opportunity to have good fun, be it at my expense?  :)

Cragralanche

Another one of those school names that ppl keep. Also sorry for the invasion in our 6 player game scribe  ;)

Scribe

Game #83049 for those who may wonder. Cragalanche just flooded my stronghold through a gateway. Fortunately I had a few cards up my sleeve... The game isn't finished at this time, we'll see if I survive the invasion.

Cragralanche

Bah ill force you out into the other players there is no hope for you. 8)