Your favorite Heromages and guardians.

Started by Warmage, August 16, 2009, 07:52:14 PM MT

Warmage

Was wonder if anyone started to develop a favorite warband ?

Right now I have been enjoying Summoner with samurai and paladin.

The summons I use as blockers while moving my guardians into position, and the paladin helps heal summons and the other warband members.

Baker

There are definitely a few combinations of characters that I like for different types of game play, and there are other combinations that I try to avoid entirely.

For 1v1, I don't think that there's a better team to dispatch an opposing mage other than Fighter Mage, Psionist, Barbarian. Combining charge/flash and mind control will allow you to essentially close 9 extra spaces and leave you with 9 attacks from your melee characters and 3 more from the psionic blast, not to mention that you didn't spend any mana this turn on spells, so feel free to speculate what kind of damage  you can do with that.

I would never honestly pair the paladin with the fighter mage, since the unstunablility of the fighter mage is redundant with the paladin's most useful ability, the stun/immobilize break. Paladin and soul reaver make some fun situations though, where you can duel a character with the soul reaver, and then remove the immobilizing effect with the paladin and walk away free of counter attack.

Honestly, i think the best way to play this game, and how i almost exclusively play, is by choosing random heros. You don't even know the cool combos until you've discovered them through random chance haha.

tors10

I'm a fan of Fighter Mage, Bard, and Samurai.

The Buffs from the Fighter mage can give the samurai a 6 strength attack with bloodlust (and 10 valor). and a max of 8 strength attack with Bloodlust and Archon's might. If you use the Bard's inspire ability with that, you can wipe out most of the weaker heroes with one hit.  With the eviscerate ability, even if you are 1 damage shy, you can still finish off the hero.

Archie

As anyone who has played with me knows I have settled on a favourite combination

Fighter Mage
Paladin
Bard

And yes I know some people say no to the pairing of the fighter mage and Paladin but I started this group due to the fact that I tend to lead with my mage which results often in an early demise!

The Paladin and the Bard are, in my opinion, the most survivable pairing in the absence of a mage.

I don't have the expansion packs...yet...so can only speak from the point of view of the basic units.

diesbudt

Quote from: Archie on May 30, 2012, 09:19:10 PM MT
As anyone who has played with me knows I have settled on a favourite combination

Fighter Mage
Paladin
Bard

And yes I know some people say no to the pairing of the fighter mage and Paladin but I started this group due to the fact that I tend to lead with my mage which results often in an early demise!

The Paladin and the Bard are, in my opinion, the most survivable pairing in the absence of a mage.

I don't have the expansion packs...yet...so can only speak from the point of view of the basic units.

My 4 most popular setups:

Fighter Mage
Psionist
Barbarian/samurai

Wizard
Warrior
Paladin

Sorceres
Rogue
Psionist

Fighter mage
Warrior
Barbarian

Archie

So I take it healing your people with your Paladin isn't a big thing for you as you've only taken them once.

And no love for the Summoner? The idea of creating huge armies of creatures really appeals to me - very Warcraft like (as it was originally I'm not talking about the MMO). Is she in fact a bit rubbish?!

diesbudt

Never really cared for the paladin

The summoner an be strong, i just dont like the playstyle she normally excels with.

Ross Przybylski

Barbarian + Bard is a wicked combo. Definitely the AI's favorite combo!

Summoner + Paladin is an interesting/underrated combo. You'd have to imagine the "unholy" paladin for this to make sense. The paly heals/unstuns early game, then can provide support to stronger creatures until Summoner is able to sacrifice and sustain herself.

Not sure if Soul Reaver + Warrior was mentioned yet, but basically: Protect Soul Reaver with Warrior in a choke point, then let enemies just try and attack...counter attack! Or Taunt enemies for a "virtually fullproof" 4 dice attack while simultaneously robbing the enemy unit of their attack/sprint.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Archie

Hmm recent game Barbarian + Bard = 6 points of damage to my new shiny Fighter Mage - that hurt!

Personally I don't rank the soul reaver at all but maybe because you have to invite people to hit you which seems nuts to me! I know Gorstak swears by her but she doesn't do it for me.

diesbudt

Fighter Mage + bard + barbarian has my favorite memory combo.

2v2

Me + warmage vs Ross + ??

Ross had us pinned hiding because of their psionist, so warmage buffs up the barbarian with bloodlust and attacks his own summon (to keep buff)

Next turn he bards the barbarian, he goes out there and kills 5 units in 1 turn. 2 summons, 2guardians, and 1 Mage. Then his fighter Mage came out and blizzarded the field. Stunning 2 other units.

I still attribute the song "working on the railroad" to the barbarian because of that.

Ross Przybylski

Ha! We'll have to look that game up in the new game list feature to find out who the other player was. That was an awesome battle!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

VanHlebar

Currently my two favorites are:

Fighter Mage + Barbarian + Paladin

and

Fighter Mage + Barbarian + Bard

I haven't played many games yet but these are the two that I have kept coming back to and trying to work out a good strategy.

Warmage

Dies I just remembered that now thanks for reminding me, Think that was best round I ever had.

and if i recall correctly we kicked some butt on same team lol

diesbudt

Yea, I just remember in team chat you saying something like "Well, I guess all or nothing." Then I saw the most marvelous Barbarian Rampage Heromages ever seen.

Definitely was the reason we won being pinned down by 2 psionists.