News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Ross's Battle Reports

Started by Ross Przybylski, August 17, 2009, 06:10:59 PM MT

Ross Przybylski

I thought I'd start keeping a little log of some of my battles with the community.  Many of you have already thrashed me repeatedly- and some of you even beat me on your very first game!

Anyways, my first screenshot here is a team game with Warmage and I vs. Gnipp and distantlightning.  Unfortunately for Gnipp, distantlightning got disconnected at the very beginning of the game.  It seemed like an envitable end for Gnipp, but he stood his ground and fought bravely (as you can see by that impressive Valor score).  He pulled off some really sweet moves and even meteor showered several units to oblivion.  Unfortunately, the Psionist finally lured out his Sorceress and my Summoner did her thing, creating an army of skeletons around her.  As you can see from this screenshot, things don't look to too good for that poor Sorceress.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Gnipp

I did all that I could.  Thanks goes out to Warmage for staying out of it due to the disconnect.  It was a well played battle and I enjoyed it immensely.

Thanks for the game!

diesbudt

That does suck, but I will say playing Ross last night was one of the funniest matches I have had so far.

Ross Przybylski

I played my first match with Goontar last night.  Goontar was one of our biggest fans at the booth during GenCon, returning back to play or chat no less than 3-4 times.  Our battle was pretty interesting- it started off as a Destruction magic slug with both our parties faced off against the other from a distant.  Goontar blizzarded me his first turn, stunning my guardians, but I managed to return the favor my next turn with a fireball.  Shortly after, I took down his Fighter Mage, but in an amazing comeback, Goontar rolled a sequence of natural 20's and took down my mage as well.  The battle continued, but after his Bard fell to my Soul Reaver's blade, the Psionist was able to puppet his Warrior the remainder of match giving me the victory.  Great game, Goontar!

Ross Przybylski

Just played a 3 player FFA with diesbudt and Warmage- it was quite an intense match!  They both had Fighter Mages and I had the Wizard.  I started off strong, nearly killing the Warmage's Warrior with my Psionist/Barbarian/Fire Elemental in my second turn- but as we all know- "nearly killing" is just an open invitation for counter-attack and heal, which is exactly what happened.  After losing my two guardians, I was naturally a bit timid with my Wizard, especially since I had failed to get my final Valor ability unlocked.  Fortunately, a teleport spell took me safely out of the battle long enough to muster up my strength again.  It was quite fun "manipulating" diesbudt's and Warmage's Fighter Mages into killing each other.  Finally, it was down to Warmage's FM and diesbudt's Rogue.  Things looked pretty grim for my Wizard standing next to an angry Fighter Mage with no healing spells or shields- fortunately, it was all part of my little trap, as you can see from these screenshots.  Awesome game, guys!

Warmage

Yes that was a great game, I should have ran away and placed wall in front of your wizard, But thats what I get for being stubborn lol.

Ross Przybylski

Tonight I did a couple more games- a team game with Exo as my partner vs. codymonk and maerrick.  Some definite awesome things happened this game.  For starters, I nearly destroy cody's Summoner first turn using my Psionist to lure her into my Barbarian (did I mention I LOVE the Psionist?).  I get him down to one life and stun her with ice shards.  Feeling pretty good, I pass the turn.  Wouldn't you know it- cody shoots a delicate arrow from his Rogue at his own summoner, someone managing not to kill her with it- then pulls off a full heal.  Simply incredible recovery.  Fortunately, on my next turn, we lure her back in- and yeah, it takes a couple more turns of pounding, but eventually, the Summoner goes down- just before my IE crashes.  Somehow, Exo manages to take on the remaining enemy heroes all by himself and we still get the win- just awesome!

Next, I tried out Baker's new duel map that he made for the "Defeat Baker's Wizard Challenge".  It's actually pretty darn good- very balanced and fun to play.  We had quite an intense match- it was very close- each of us slaying the other's guardian every other turn.  Finally it came down to Wizard vs. Sorceress.  I made a pretty noob mistake in forgetting to attack with my staff before stunning with Ice Shards which cost me the win, but it was still lots of fun.

Ross Przybylski

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  Let's see here...

Sunday saw me and Eldogg1982 team up against Joshua and diesbudt for some 2v2 on Joshua's custom map.  Eldogg and I take the victory in best two out of three thanks to some well coordinated teamwork.

Also played a quick battle on Baker's chamber of death map and had an interesting duel with Cody.  He made a bold first move (nearly killing my mage) but luck was on my side and my units prevailed.

Ross Przybylski

Played a few matches with our newest member from Australlia, kastenessen.  He found saw our interview on CheapAssGamers and thought he'd give us a whirl.  In his very first game (while he was still a guest) he defeated me (mind you I had a Psionist vs. Paladin in the endgame) so that's pretty impressive (his air elemental was key here).

Also did a FFA game with Skippy and- get this- two players who'd discovered the game from Skippy's log (one of which was a long time fan of the blog who Skippy never met before).  Skippy claims he hadn't been playing too well, but my was he on fire this match!  His relentless purple army bagged a Fighter Mage in the first turn and then proceeded to all but destroy my entire team as he headed north (a Crystal Golem that was a master dice roller ripped my paladin for 3 damage in his second turn and later clobbered the Wizard before my Bard could finally take it down).  Needless to say, some "social politics" went into effect as Saedie and Thrid the Squid joined forces with me to defeat Skippy.  In the Thrid's Paladin/Bard combo nearly took the win, but the Skippy's sorceress regenerated her magic after some poor rolls and came back for the win.  Well played!

Ross Przybylski

Almost forgot my team game from last night with kikboxr777 vs kastenessen and Parson1122.  This game saw the most terrifying enchanted Soul Reaver I've ever come across bring swift death to our enemies.  Heh heh....GET 'em Ma!

Ross Przybylski

Had a very interesting battle during my lunch break: a 3 player FFA on Shundris where Turkish and I engaged in some heavy psychic warfare while Kikboxr nearly swept up the win with his remaining Soul Reaver.  I thought I had the game wrapped up after Kikboxr's wizard was slain by the axe of my Barbarian- but I made the huge mistake of tapping out of cards- leaving myself totally vulnerable to the clutches of his Soul Reaver.  Everyone played the end-game exceptionally well- it was particularly exciting because everyone had a fair shot at victory.  A pulled some cool moves to flush out Turkish's Psionist until, ultimately, his unfortunate sprint roll of 2 ended him (but only at the trade off of handing my own units to the Soul Reaver, as seen in this screenshot.  Had I failed to defeat the reaver with the final roll of the Barbarian, I would have been slain.  Fortunately, luck was on my side!

Ross Przybylski

Played several awesome games last night with the group.  Lots of awesome moves happened (my personal best was Wizard + Teleport + Touch of Death for the mage kill + Teleport away).  One particular game stood out tho- Eldogg1982 and I vs. diesbudt and Warmage.  Warmage was looking pretty rusty in the beginning there, and Eldogg and I were masterfully using our psionsts for maximum damage potential.  But suddenly, Warmage comes out of the woodwork with this ridiculous combo: Blizzard (to soften the crowd) then Dragon's Fury + Superior Dragon's Fury cast on his Barbarian.  As diesbudt best put it....it was like he was singing to himself "I've been working on a railroad" as he methodicaly chopped down like 5 kills in a row, finally ending the spree on my full health Barbarian dealing 5 damage (just shy of another kill).

Naturally, I fell in love with the Fighter Mage + Barbarian + Psionist combo, and gave it a whirl this morning vs. some new players of ours (I know that's pretty harsh, but they so kindly lined their guys up for me I just couldn't resist).  It's all in good fun right?  I'll happily play a rematch so you can get your revenge on me... :)