News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

PvE Maps

Started by Grimkrieg, August 18, 2009, 02:28:23 AM MT

Grimkrieg

I talked about this with Ross at Gencon. I like the idea of having PvE challenges, such as exploring a dungeon or defending as castle. This helps new players, who are often timid about playing rated games, get into the Hero-Mages experience a little easier.

If this works well it might be interesting to sell story packs that could be used as an alternative method to unlocking a hero or two.

Ross Przybylski

Absolutely!  Have you guys noticed the background and character stories on the website yet?  I'm curious how many players are interested in hearing more about the prophecy, the resulting war over Papillion, and the background stories/progression of the characters.  These PvE missions would be a great way to continue these stories and develop the depth of the Hero Mages characters.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Slightquills

Does that mean you are eventually going to name each of the characters?

Joshua

I like the idea of PvE Maps!

Parson1122

PvE games would be a great idea.

maerrick

Finjinimo

I'm a big fan of narratives in the games I play, and this would certainly be a great way to explore that.

I really love being able to immerse myself in a game world, and I tend to do that through stories, backgrounds and player written narratives.

bombsaway

would be a great addition to the game!

Glenn

Thats a great idea! i would love PvE co-op maps. i think that would be huge selling point of the game. I wouldn't mind paying some money for different story maps.