News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

New Character idea Threads

Started by diesbudt, August 18, 2009, 06:48:53 PM MT

diesbudt

Guardian - Ninja
(3 STR; 14 DEF; 5 Life)
Ability 1: Passive: The ninja may attack on the same turn he sprints.
Ability 2: (1 card): {Blinding Powder} Target adjacent Foe gets a -2 to his rolls untill start of your next turn.

Guardian - Paragon
(4 STR; 15 DEF; 5 Life)
Ability 1: Passive: The paragon may attack a unit 2 spaces away
Ability 2: (1 card): {Inspiration} The paragon lowers his Def by 2 to increase Target ally's STR by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Hero - Witch Doctor
(2 STR; 14 DEF; 6 Life)
Passive Ability: The Witch doctor may sprint on every turn instead of every other.
5 Valor: (1 card): {Voodoo Hex} Target opponet may not use character abilities until start of your next turn.
10 Valor: Passive: If at the end of the turn the Witch Doctor doesn't move, he heals himself 1 point of damage.
15 Valor: (2 cards): {Voodoo Storm} Each opponent character within 6 spaces takes (3 STR) of damage. All those hit may not use character abilitiesuntil start of your next turn.

Just a few ideas I have, Lets hear what you all have to say about your own ideas!

Ross Przybylski

YES!  I've been waiting for someone to post about new characters!  We're really excited to see what kinds of interesting ideas the community comes up with.  These kinds of conversations are great catalysts for drawing out what people like about the game and want to see in the future- which helps us decide where to focus our development.  By all means- suggest away!

FYI, we have several concepts on the burner ourselves- though we want to wait a bit before releasing any info about them since the game is still pretty fresh.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

codymonk

Guardian- Hoplite
2 STR, 18 DEF, 6 LIFE

Passive- Allies next to Hoplite receive a +1 DEF and STR bonus

2 Cards  "Phalanx"- +4 DEF to all allies in a horizontal line of sight

diesbudt

Dark Knight - Guardian
(4 STR; 15 DEF; 6/6 HP)
Passive ability: +1 damage on roll of natural 20s
(Enstrength) {1 card}: Lose 2 life to gain 3 STR for the rest of the turn. [The life change isnt reverted, just STR at end of turn]

Cleric - Hero
(3 STR; 13 DEF; 6/6 HP)
Passive ability: Healing spells gain +1 effect
5 valor: {1 card}: [Holy Missle]: a 3 STR attack to a character in LoS.
10 valor: Whenever you heal with a card, draw another card.
15 valor: {2 card}: Deal 3 STR attack to all opponents in los, an heal all friendly units for 1 in LoS.

Demon - Guardian
(3 STR; 14 DEF; 5/5 HP)
Passive ability: Heals himself for the amount of damage he does on attack (maximum of 2).
(Demonic Transfer): {2 cards}: The demon and any other friendly unit in LoS changes positions on the board.

(These ideas originated, and changed for my own personal liking from Tors10)

diesbudt

Hero - Battle Mage
(2 STR; 16 DEF; 6 Life)
-Passive Ability: The Battle Mage only gets 2 mana per turn.
-5 Valor: (1 card): {Stat reversal} The battle mage loses 3 Def to gain 3 Def until the start of your next turn.
-10 Valor: Passive: The Battle Mage gains an additional 1 mana per turn. And he can only use one ability per turn [So the 15 and 5 wont stack]
-15 Valor: (2 cards): {Ultra Buff} The Battle mage loses 2 Def for all allies gain 2 Str until the start of your next turn.

Guardian - Enforcer
(0 STR; 18 DEF; 5 Life)
-Passive Ability: For each mana you have at the moment of his attack, The enforcer gains 1 STR.
-(1 card): gain 1 mana

Guardian - Archer
(2 STR; 12 DEF; 6 life)
-Passive ability: The Archer may attack twice per turn.
-Passive ability: The Archer may attack any unit in LoS.
-(2 cards): The Archer may attack a third time this turn

helpicantfly

guardian : retarius a warrior that uses a net and trident.
srt 3 def 14 life 6
passive:with attack  roll if higher than 15 net immobilizes unit.as well as any damage done.
miss next turn to throw trident at any target in los .

not sure if this is any good but maybe you could tweak it ?

diesbudt

HelpIcantflys idea tweaked for him

Guardian (NAME)
{STR 3; DEF 14; life 6)
passive: If target takes melee damage from from (NAME), they become entangled until next turn.
Spear throw: (1 card): Instead of a melee attack (NAME) can throw his spear against anyone in LoS for same damage as his melee attack.

tors10

Centaur

1s 14d 6hp
3x 1 die attack.
(Flight?)
2x sprint distance

Finjinimo

Guardian - Dwarven Gunslinger
(2 STR; 14 DEF; 5 Life)
Ability 1: (2 card): {Grenade} Dwarven Gunslinger may make a +2 STR AOE (see fireball) attack against any visible unit.
Ability 2: (1 card): {Balisitic Shot} Dwarven Gunslinger may make a +1 STR attack against any visible unit.

Note: Normal attack is surrounding unit, not ranged.

Guardian - Dwarven Brawler
(2 STR; 16 DEF; 6 Life)
Ability 1: Passive: {Drunk Rage} If the Brawler takes damage, he recieves +1STR until the end of players next turn.
Ability 2: (1 card): {Defender} +1 Defense to each visible ally, -1STR to Dwarven Brawler, until the end of players next turn.

Hero - Dwarven Rune Lord
(3 STR; 15 DEF; 6 Life)
Passive Ability: Dwarven Rune Lord's presence inspires nearby troops. +1 DEF to adjacent allies. (Presence bonus does not apply to Rune Lord).
5 Valor: (1 card): {Rally} Dwarven Lord blows his Battle Horn, all visible allies recieve +1STR until the end of their turn.
10 Valor: Passive: Dwarven Rum -- Imbues allies with a sense of greatness. +1 to all allies attack dice rolls.
15 Valor: (2 cards): {Dwarven Bread} +1 Life, +1 STR, +1 Damage bonus to target ally.

Thought I should give a defensive themed cohort a whirl. We have elves, so why not some smelly dwarves eh? Hahaha.

diesbudt

Question Fin.

on the Gunslinger it says +X Str on his abilities. Does this mean (base Str +X) or just X?

And I have 1 problem with the Dwarven brawler his "defender" ability. You might as well not have him lose STR, because you wouldnt use that ability before you attack, using it afterwards your STR doesnt matter.

Otherwise keep the ideas coming!

Finjinimo

For the gun slinger, the idea is that those +STR on the abilities, only apply for that ability. So your base + the STR bonus for that specific special attack.

So you get a bonus to your strength just for that ability, but if you use your normal attack, its your base strength again.

And yes, on the defender for the brawler, I did want something that would stop it from being a straight bonus., but not for it to just be a crappier version of the warriors ability.

Baker

Quote from: tors10 on August 26, 2009, 08:44:12 PM MT
Centaur

1s 14d 6hp
3x 1 die attack.
(Flight?)
2x sprint distance

WOW, i hope that this was an intentional reference to my flying centaur of doom that pretty much broke one version of the very early board game. Centaur + Flight + Enrage = certain death to all.

diesbudt

Guardian - Ghost
(3 STR; 13 DEF; 6 life)
Passive: Ghost can only move 3 spaces per turn instead of the normal 5, but can walk through (not land on) walls.
Scare (1 card): Target adjacent target loses -2 on his rolls (to a minimum of 1)

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: helpicantfly on August 25, 2009, 06:50:14 PM MT
guardian : retarius a warrior that uses a net and trident.

This is actually one of the characters we had on the backburner- Gladiator with net and trident- I'm amazed to learn there is actually an official name for this type of warrior.  I like the idea of the net being damage based vs. guaranteed, though this power should definately require a card as well.

Ensnare (1): Roll 2 attack dice against surrounding unit.  If unit takes damage, it is immoblized.  (Perhaps also suffers a Defense penalty of -1 or -2 if the ability costs 2 cards)
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

maltross

How about a hero type

Druid: 2 attack 14 def 6/6
maybe discard 4 cards to shapechange into a character that's in combat. Does this at 10 valor. Discard 2 cards, at 8 valor, can summon an additional creature from your hand, or maybe their own type of creature. Maybe give some variance to the creatures she can summon, like a bear or alligator..something like that.

i like summoning in this game, so how about a different route.

Golem Lord: 2 attack, 15 def, 5/5
5 valor, discard 1, can heal any ally summon in play.
8 valor, discard 3, can summon extra summon.
15 valor, discard 3, destroy target summon in play..
something like that.
sorry if i'm a complete nub at the character ideas. I'll have more as i play the game more.
On a side note, i do like the ninja, but maybe make it so he can vanish/invis for a turn or so and move without anyone seeing him.